Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Are You 'Scared of Success'? 5 Mindset Hurdles All Entrepreneurs Must Clear.

I was reading an article today named 'Are You 'Scared of Success'? 5 Mindset Hurdles All Entrepreneurs Must Clear.' from Entrepreneur. I've read a number of similar articles. These 5 points they bring up are valid. It says, "As an entrepreneur, you’re no longer reliant on a steady paycheck and a full-time job. You may have even invested some of your savings into your business. Plus, you’re now in complete charge of your business’s finances. That pressure can make anyone uneasy."

It's one thing to read about this kind of thing, but to experience it is really quite different.

I had to leave my job for health reasons. There wasn't any way I was going to be able to find a new job that would pay me what I was used to making. I had a family to support including a new baby and a new mortgage. I was scared. No, I mean really scared! I had been dabbling in web development for a couple of years, and was building websites part time, for small business.  It was 1999 and I registered the domain 'homebusiness-websites.com' — which is the website you're visiting right now. I took a chance. I'm glad I did.