Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Entrepreneurs, Stop Seeking Validation From People Who Don't Understand

An article I saw in 'Entrepreneur ' today brought back some memories of when I first started my business. The title is 'Entrepreneurs, Stop Seeking Validation From People Who Don't Understand' and it discusses consulting other people about your business. Friends and family can be very negative towards the business. If they don't operate their own business, they really have no reference point for advising you on yours. They haven't done what you're doing. They can't see themselves doing what you're doing. They figure they are just as clever as you are so they can't see you doing what you're doing either. In my article 'Networking for Small Business' I discuss asking questions and looking for advice but only from other business people.

The article in Entrepreneur says, "Even if you tell people exactly what you're doing and the amazing results you're getting, there will still be some confusion. Seeking validation from people who don't understand is a great recipe for failure. You can take advice from others but don't be emotionally tied to their responses. Be confident in the decisions you're making."

I networked with numerous people online and off and received some wonderful advice. The good advice only came from other people who operated their own businesses. They knew my idea could be successful and never doubted my ability to make it happen. These people and I shared a similar mindset.

Keep posting.