Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Figuring Out What Success Really Means to You

Success denotes the achievement of aims or attainment of goals or social status. It is often used specifically to mean financial profitability. People who achieve their goals are frequently termed success"successes".

There are two definitions in the above statement. The first one is about a lot of money, and the second is about goals. They aren't necessarily the same thing.  Debbie Allen writes:

"Success denotes the achievement of aims or attainment of goals or social status. It is often used specifically to mean financial profitability. People who achieve their goals are frequently termed "successes"."

Many years ago a friend and I were chatting about a mutual friend. He said it was nice to see him successful. I claimed I didn't how being a lumberjack could be considered as being successful. Like many young men, I attributed money and fame/power as being characteristics of success. The friend I spoke with said he was successful because that's what he loved to do and couldn't wait to get out of school to do it.

Debbie Allen, speaker, business mentor & author, wrote a book called 'Success is Easy' and offers some excerpts from her book that you might find interesting.