Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

How Rejection Can Fuel Your Entrepreneurial Success

Sometimes it takes a lot of  "no" answers to get to a "yes" and you have to be prepared. I ran across an article on Forbes today titled 'How Rejection Can Fuel Your Entrepreneurial Success'.  The author says:

When I took the leap and started my business, I was prepared for rejection. After all, rejection is something I have dealt with all my life. As a child, my parents moved often and as a result, I often sat alone on the bus and in the cafeteria. Sometimes the rejection came in the form of physical violence. I remember fighting and being beaten on my way to and from school because of my family's low status in the community. Yes, I was afraid and alone during these times, but it also made me mentally stronger.

Even as an adult, rejection continues to follow me, but the difference now is, I’ve learned to handle it and not take it personally. Learning how to handle rejection is vital to long-term success. For every “no” you get, you’re one step closer to a “yes.”

I actually used to work out averages. I could pretty well guess how lucky I was going to be that day. Getting to the "yes" is sometimes a numbers game. If you're interest you can read the rest of the article here. Stay motivated!